Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Review: Consequences by Aleatha Romig

Consequences is one of those books that will leave you stunned in the end. You'll be trying to wrap your mind around every single event that has happened and be wanting more. There are so many twists and turns, you may think you know what is coming and you'll second guess that. I enjoyed every minute of this thrill ride. I was curious about the premise and am so glad I decided to try it. The story is a long one and it took a while to pick up but once it did I really got into it. Basically, it's about a woman who is abducted and held hostage by a man with a hidden agenda. Claire doesn't know what to make of Anthony. One minute he's charming and other times he is chillingly scary. There are moments that she finds herself falling for him (Stockholm Syndrome) and others where she finds him unbearable. Where it gets interesting is how Claire manages to get under his skin. She toughens up and earns his admiration. There is a game to be played and the question is who will be the pawn? Despite being a long story I flew through it pretty quickly. Sometimes Claire frustrated me and I wondered why she didn't try harder to escape and other times I could see where she was coming from. Anthony was a very interesting villain. The cliffhanger ending will have you desperate to find the Truth.




Consequences and Truth by Aleatha Romig
Genre: Thriller


 

No comments: