Friday, December 14, 2012

If You Like Kristen Ashley, then try...


Own the Wind is here! The first in the Chaos series by Kristen Ashley.


 I love discovering new authors and earlier this year I came across Kristen Ashley's books. I found out about her books because they kept popping up as recommendations based on books I've read and enjoyed or added to my wishlist. Her covers were okay, not the best but I've seen worse. I try not to judge a book by the cover but when there are so many books out there, I can't help but do. Also, at that time I didn't read a lot of self-published books. I figured I might as well see what the buzz was all about. So, I caved in and read her books and I was HOOKED! She rocked my world and aptly has a series called the Rock Chicks. The first thing I noticed when opening up her book was that they were long, around 7,000 and higher in terms of Kindle locations. The ones I've read by her are about 7,000-11,000. I enjoy long books so I didn't mind. If a story is good I definitely don't want it to end too soon! It was different and unique and fun. It's hard to explain but when you read her books you'll see what I mean about her voice. It's not easy to find a book like hers or at least told in a way like hers.

I haven't read all of Kristen Ashley's books yet but the ones I have I loved. Her heroes are alphas. They are demanding, bossy, aggressive and protective! If you're looking for an over the top alpha then I recommend reading her books. A couple of my favorites are For You and Sweet Dreams.


Lieutenant Alexander Colton and February Owens were high school sweethearts. Everyone in their small town knew from the moment they met they were meant for each other. But something happened and Feb broke Colt’s heart then she turned wild and tragedy struck. Colt meted out revenge against the man who brought Feb low but even though Colt risked it all for her, Feb turned her back on him and left town.

Fifteen years later, Feb comes back to help run the family bar. But there’s so much water under the bridge separating her and Colt everyone knows they’ll never get back together.

Until someone starts hacking up people in Feb’s life. Colt is still Colt and Feb is still Feb so the town watches as Colt goes all out to find the murderer while trying to keep Feb safe.

As the bodies pile up, The Feds move in and a twisting, turning story unravels exposing a very sick man who has claimed numerous victims along the way, Feb and Colt battle their enduring attraction and the beautiful but lost history that weaves them together.


Kristen has several titles releasing later this year including Raid, Own the Wind, Fire Inside and Jagged but while you're waiting check out these books...

Earlier I mentioned that it was hard to find a book that was told in a similar way to Kristen Ashley. Well recently I read a book called Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan and it reminded me of her books. Not the exact same but if you enjoy Kristen Ashley's books I recommend you try this book. It is very dark and not what you'd expect a romance to be. That's because it's not a romance for me but a story with romance in it. There are disturbing scenes and the male protagonist is far from perfect. The voice is also unique. It was a nice change for me and I'm glad I discovered it. It sort of reminds me of Creed by Kristen Ashley. Creed is part of the Unfinished Heroes series which is erotic romance and darker than her other series.

Warning: This is not a typical love story. This is an all-consuming, soul-crushing, tear-your-heart-into-pieces story. It’s intense, gritty and raw, dark and disturbing, and it doesn’t happen overnight. This is an epic love story that knows no boundaries and has no time limits. It grows and develops—with hurt, sacrifice, and heartache—over the span of a lifetime.

Eva Fox is the princess of the Silver Demons Motorcycle Club. Growing up with bikers in the club lifestyle is all that she knows. When she’s a young girl, Eva meets the reason for her existence. Deuce West is the sexy, biker bad-ass of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. Like Eva, he was born and raised in the club—but that’s where the similarities end. Their first meeting is innocent, but as Eva matures into a woman, their chance reunions evolve into a fit of lust and love. Fate continues to bring them together time and time again, but their twisted journey is filled with pain, betrayal, and bloodshed that could tear them apart. Eva sees in Deuce what he cannot see in himself—a man worthy of love—and Eva spends her lifetime proving to him that her undeniable love is the one thing he can’t live without.
This is Eva and Deuce’s story.

It wasn’t easy.
Nothing worth doing ever is.
And love is worth everything.


I recently read Beautifully Damaged by L.A. Fiore and while I wouldn't say it has a voice like Ashley's, there was something about it that reminds me of her. Its a good story and if you like heroes who are very flawed and damaged then you have to meet this hero. There's a suspense in it too so it's not just a contemporary romance. 

 Ember Walsh was always the quiet one, enjoying a book and a glass of wine over the noise and crowds of a club. When her best friend asks her to come out on the town and meet the guy she likes, Ember's world is turned upside down. He appears like a mythical, avenging angel: inked, gorgeous and completely out of her league. After one look, Ember no longer wants the quiet; she wants him.

Trace Montgomery has buried his damaged past with the help of women and fighting until one day he suddenly meets an angel and wants more; he wants her. To have her, he's determined to overcome his demons but will the dark secret that links their pasts bring them closer or will it tear them apart?



If you like alpha males bikers, check out Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde. For me this also had a Kristen Ashley vibe to it. It features an alpha who's strong, scary but also head over heels over the heroine. There are points of views from both the hero and heroine. Marie is likeable because she's not afraid to say what's on her mind and face Horse.